What is the most important factor necessary to create a successful, high growth laundry pick-up and delivery business?
Based upon our experience it is YOU!
Since our inception in 2017, we are fortunate to have helped over 90 laundromat owners launch their pick-up and delivery business with Springboard software. While the overwhelming majority of our customers are executing well and growing their laundry delivery business, 30% or so are achieving enormous customer and revenue growth.
In the interest of creating a detailed “high growth playbook” for all Springboard customers, we decided to study and interview these high performing operators. What we found surprised us. There is enormous diversity in Springboard’s “top of the class” operators.
- Some are multi-store veteran operators with large million dollar stores and others are new to the laundromat industry and only own a small 1500 square foot store.
- Some are in the laundry business full time; others are part-time owners with other careers or businesses.
- A few are in or near large metropolitan areas and others are in second or third tier cities and towns.
- Some use all the services Springboard offers and others use only some of Springboard services.
But they all have one thing in common. They are all good leaders, communicators and recognize the importance of customer service and operational excellence. These owners understand that operational excellence is the key to growth and that it must be achieved through an organized production process, one customer at a time. These owners know they are only as good as their last delivery and recognize they are in the laundry delivery and customer service business.
We did have a couple of takeaways:
- These owners are smart, hardworking and organized with a good dose of HUSTLE.
- They realize the biggest positive impact they can have on their business is in managing people and creating a production process.
- This select group of operators establish roles and responsibilities within their team and properly incentivize their employees.
- They work ON their business and not IN their business.
- This group of owners understand the power of digital marketing and use it effectively.
- Their production process enables the business to run without them for them.
- Most importantly, these owners understand the expectations of their customers and therefore can meet their customers’ expectations.
The best part of these takeaways is it doesn’t cost anything, just a desire to succeed.
If you want to learn more about Springboard, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 401-829-0052.